Lemurs as Pets
Before we begin our discussion of lemurs as Pets, let me tell you one interesting fact about lemurs. You know that lemurs and humans are classified as primates. More information about this kind of facts and information about the keeping of lemurs as Pets, read on.
All animal lovers who want to contain these types of Pets that no one else has, almost everyone wants to contain lemurs. After lemurs as Pets, nothing would sound unusual for those who have seen these adorable, cozy creatures. Now, what this entire article. Any of us who watched the cartoon Madagascar knows that lemurs occur only in Madagascar. Of course, a trip to Madagascar to retrieve the lemur as a pet is not a cheap exercise. So the best way to get lemur – the pet store. Anyway, before I delve into those details, allow me to present you some interesting facts about lemurs.
Facts about lemurs
* Lemur is a Latin word which means spirit. The name was given to these animals due to their night lifestyle.
* Lemurs and humans belong to the primates. However, they are divided into groups of prosimians, the oldest group of primates, even to monkeys.
* Administracny fact is that actually the lemurs came to Madagascar on rafts of wood on the sea, trying to get away from predators in Africa.
* In Madagascar, there were several new species of lemurs, some of them may even be active during the day.
* Worst of all, about half of the lemurs that are born every year die.
* Lemurs live in groups of 7 to 10 and live in trees and bushes. Their main diet consists of leaves and fruits, but they also eat insects and small animals.
* The largest lemur, which was discovered still weighs 6,8 kg.
* Now the last but the most important facts about lemurs. The lemurs were in the list of endangered species. The reason they are in this list, undoubtedly, people. Until people reached Madagascar, the lemurs had no natural predator.
Lemurs as Pets
Now, let’s return to the topic of the content of lemurs as Pets. Since lemurs have already arrived in the class of endangered species, you must understand that taking lemur from his native island, of course, would be illegal. Thus, the only path that remains open to you is to buy a lemur at the pet store on the Internet. If you happen to find it take into consideration that you choose a male lemur. Lemurs fall in the class of primates in which males are more submissive than females. The male lemur can therefore be trained more easily than female lemur. Another aspect that must be taken into consideration is the fact that you have to make sure that the lemur was born and raised in captivity. Another important point that must be taken into account is the different types of lemurs. There are about 30 species of lemurs. Many species of lemurs in the list of extinct animals. Some researchers studying lemurs, also they say that there is one species of lemurs, the size of which is as big as a gorilla. Lemurs are basically classified according to weight. One little lemur is the pygmy mouse lemur, and the largest, as indicated in the facts about lemurs is the indri lemur, which weighs 6.8 pounds. Let’s look at the two most interesting species of lemurs, of which you can have as Pets.
Mouse Lemurs as Pets
The length of the mouse lemurs is approximately from 11.9 to 14.5 centimeters in length. There are different types of mouse lemurs, such as the pygmy mouse lemur, grey mouse lemur, etc. Each of them has different physical traits. However, some aspects remain the same. They have soft fur, long hind legs, long tails, large eyes and stripes on the back.
Ring-tailed Lemurs as Pets
Ring-tailed lemurs are larger than mouse lemurs. Their front legs shorter than the rear and therefore their butt is always in the air. Ring-tailed lemurs, unlike other species of lemurs, spend a significant amount of time on earth. An adult ring-tailed lemur may reach a length of from 38 to 45 inches and weigh from 2 to 3.6 pounds.
One of the important aspects that you must understand before having a lemur as a pet is that it is not intended
in order to be pet. Of course, they can be tamed, but if you have a lemur as a pet at a very early age, it is likely that with increasing age, the lemur can just take it for granted and become more aggressive. Keeping of lemurs as Pets can be a good idea, but the breeding of lemurs – it’s not the best thing you can do. It is desirable to castrate your lemur at an early age, then he became unreasonably aggressive and difficult to control.
So, this was all the information I can provide to you about the lemurs. The most important is not the perception of a lemur as a pet, but it is important to take into account that this is the first generation of primates in the class of endangered species. Any animal or nature lover would not like that these beings were in the class of extinct species. The natural habitat of the lemurs is its best home.